Saturday, February 5, 2011

Think Pink

 As I get ready for Girls on the Run coaches training this morning, I thought I would highlight the pink vases I have made.  I really thought there were more, but this is all I could find!  I think I will start working on more pink!

The vase on the left is a small-medium vase.  I used light pink and white torn tissue paper with a brushed silver flower pendant and silver aluminum wire.  The swirls in the wire took a little bit to learn how to do, but they're worth it I think!

The vase on the right is a medium-large vase covered in hot pink.  This is the only vase I have ever had with this shape and it is a great shape to work with.  I am keeping my eye out for more.  On the front, I placed two orchids.  They're the kind at Hobby Lobby in the bridal section.  That makes it nice and simple to attach them.  No trimming necessary.  :-)

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10  

Hopefully He will guide me though this journey so that I can be a good and positive influence on these girls at such an impressionable time. 

Now that I am pink inspired this morning, it's off to learn how to be a coach!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time!  It will be really different working with 3-6th graders rather than preschool...a breath of fresh air I think.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. you'll do great as a coach! Where do you find the energy?

    ReplyDelete