Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lighthouse Collage




"But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God." - John 3:21















This vase was a challenge for me.  It was a custom order and the girl who ordered it asked for a lighthouse theme.  That left it wide open for me.  I wasn't sure what direction it was going to take.  With a little help from the big man upstairs, I was guided to a collage.  This watercolor image by Derek McCrea was the basis for my collage.  

This vase was done in stages.  First I began with the sky, then the water, and finally the rocks.  Once that was looking like a landscape, I started to piece together the lighthouse.  

Finished with a  few details of seagulls and beach flowers and my first collage vase was complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment