Monday, February 21, 2011

My Mid-winter Break


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."  Phillipians 4:6-9 

With a lot on my mind lately, these verses seemed full of comfort.  Mid-winter break has brought some free time, but that is also time to think and dwell and stress and worry.  So to keep my mind busy on something positive, I have been busy!  Since Thursday I have made these 5 vases.  

The first, was a gift for my Aunt Anne.  She's always been there for me and a while back mentioned she'd like a purple vase that is heavy enough to hold gladiolas.  The tissue paper used has a fine purple print and adding the purple cutouts brings the color out more in person.







The second, a pitcher that has been hanging out in the office since I first started doing vases.  Done in yellow, accented with orange, I can picture a bouquet of white, orange, and yellow gerber daisies filling it!  I'm so ready for summer!

 


 This vase is smaller.  About 7 or 8 inches tall I would guess with a milk bottle shape.  Done in black and white plaid tissue paper accented with wide black ribbon and yellow daisy ribbon.  Imagine it filled with yellow and white daisies!  Too cute!
Oh chickens!  While visiting my Aunt Anne and delivering her vase, we were talking about her sister-in-law Judy.  Judy's birthday is tomorrow (Tuesday.)  Because of mid-winter break and all this extra time, I said, "Well, I think I should make Judy a vase for her birthday!"  I asked if Judy collects anything or what her house is like and we listed snowmen, porcelain dolls, and chickens.  Snowmen are seasonal, I'm not good with human features, so that left chickens!  I hope she likes it!

I think I am going to be doing more collages in the future...what do you think?




And just for fun, the latest, is the rainbow vase.  I went back to my days as a little girl!  What is more girly than rainbows, sparkles, and butterflies?!  I had so much fun with this vase.  Plus it shows off several colors of tissue paper!








Enjoy!  May God be with you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment