Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pink, purple, sparkles, butterflies....and 2 Peter 3:18
















"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen."
2 Peter 3:18 

As I coach Girls on the Run, I am growing myself.  The girls are challenging me and holding me accountable to answer the same questions that I ask them.  And because we're a public school I cannot bring up a discussion about my faith, but I can let it show through the way I treat the girls at the sessions that we have.  I hope I am showing them the "grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" through my actions and words.  

I chose this vase today because of how thankful I am for Girls on the Run.  It was a custom order for a girl about 9-11ish.  Her mom ordered it as they are redoing her room in hot pink and purple butterflies.  It was done with Sparkle Mod Podge to give it that glitter effect.  The accenting butterflies were found at a local craft store.  Turned out to be a perfect match!

So here's to all of those girls who challenge us and capture our hearts just by being themselves!

Grace and Peace, Sparkles and Butterflies to you!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment