Sunday, March 13, 2011

Green Gem - for my Jenison friends




























This post is dedicated to all of my Jenison friends!  Along with my family, it was my friends at Bursley Elementary that showed me that was I was doing was worth it.  When I displayed a few of my vases in the teachers lounge there, my fellow teachers showed interest and even purchased some!  This is one of those first vases that was purchased.  A green vase with green gems...everything about it says "Jenison!"  I am so proud to be part of the Jenison teaching team.  They're a phenomenal group of people. 

I am reflecting on my time in Jenison with friends and colleagues.  I have watched them go through good and joyous times and I have witnessed their hardships.  I have watched friends see the joys of babies and marriages, and the joys of success in each student.  But I have watched as friends have been diagnosed with cancer, have dealt with struggling students in more ways than one, and have watched as families have been separated. Romans 12:15 fits the Jenison family.  "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep."  As I have witnessed all of this good and bad, my Jenison family has been there for me.  They have been there with advice, encouragement, and a shoulder to cry on.  They have been there to share with me in my joys of getting married and the fear of my father having cancer.  So to my Jenison friends, I send a giant thank you and a big squeeze!  Thanks and I will see you tomorrow!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment