Thursday, August 25, 2011

Psalm 71:6 and my Mom's birthday!

~ From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. (NIV)   ~ Psalm 71:6
 
This weekend, I am sending up thanks for my mom.  She is one of the strongest people I know.  She's always been there for me, through ups and downs, joys and fears.  She is a kind, giving, loving mother and I wouldn't trade her for the world!  Love you Mom!
 
My mother's birthday is coming up on Monday and she's been wanting a plate or bowl with decorative balls for a coffee table centerpiece.  With a low centerpiece like this, my dad won't have to move it to see tv!  

It took me a long time to figure out what exactly I wanted to do for this plate.  This is going in her living room and the colors of the room are greens, tans, and a muted purple.  She pointed out that she preferred that I didn't use purples, soooooo I went with the other two!  Half of my battle was figured out, the other half was figuring out how to make it a little more meaningful.  


To bring more of a personal connection to it, I added words around the outer edge.  Words like "love," "faith," "family," "blessed," and "joy."  I used a black sharpie on the tan tissue paper.  It was important to use permanent ink so when the Mod Podge was applied, the ink stayed put.  

My mother suggested Pier 1 as a place to look for filler.  I checked things out there first.  They didn't have exactly what I was looking for, so I thanked the woman and continued shopping.  Well....just across the parking lot is a Marshalls.  I thought I would just stop in and check there.  Woohoo did I find exactly what I was looking for or what!  The three largest balls came in a set of 3 for only $6.  The rest of the pieces were all in a set that was on clearance for $5.  So...what was going to cost me a minimum of $30 at Pier 1, I got for the steal of $11!  And it was EXACTLY what I was looking for!


 
Enjoy your week friends!  And if you're mom is still with you, give her an extra hug today and tell her how much you love her!



1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! *ahem...my birthday is in February...just sayin...:)

    ReplyDelete