Thursday, December 8, 2011

Purple Birthday Gift and James 1:17

This vase was given by my mom to one of her co-workers for her birthday.  The vase is a nice small vase about 6" tall, wrapped with sparkly black ribbon and a flower that I got from a craft show.  It is filled with a pre-made bouquet from Hobby Lobby.  The colors matched well and it was the perfect size so I thought I would give it a try.  I'm kind of bummed because this is the only picture I have and it doesn't do it justice.  It was super cute and the ribbon so sparkly!  

And now on a completely different note..James 1:17 

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.  ~James 1:17

There are so many blessings in this world.  Recently God has sent me a little girl named Gabby.  When I read this verse, I think of her.  She is filled with joy and giggles, and she lights up our classroom every time she's there.   She works hard and never forgets to give us a hug at the end of the day...she even runs back from the car if she needs to.  Next week is Gabby's last day in our class for positive reasons.  We are so excited for her, but are going to miss her dearly.  And as hard as it is to say good-bye, I will always remember the joy she brings wherever she goes.  She is one of God's perfect gifts.  Next time you think of someone who is a blessing in your life, make sure to tell them.  So often things go unsaid.  Make the most of this holiday by spreading the joy that is brought to you by so many blessings!

Tonight I thank God for you.

Peace and Joy.
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment